To qualify for aid from the Musicians Foundation, you must meet the following conditions:
- You (or the person for whom you are applying) must be a musician of any genre in a time of acute need, due to personal, medical, dental, or family crisis, natural disaster, or other emergency situation.
- You must have worked in the United States as a professional musician for at least five (5) years.
- You must currently reside in the United States.
- You must be able to provide tax documentation detailing that for five (5) or more years, your principal income has been derived from your work as a musician.
- You must submit an application, which will be reviewed by the Musicians Foundation screening committee.
- We give grants for medical and allied living expenses in emergencies, and pay these debts on behalf of the musicians we help. We do not write checks directly to musicians.
- Our grants typically range in amount from approximately $500-$3000.
- We do not give grants for scholarships, loans, or private unemployment benefits.
- If necessary, applications may be filled out by friends or family of the musician in need. We also aid musicians who need assistance supporting their family members in times of emergency.
For further questions regarding eligibility, please email email@example.com or call our office at (212) 239-9137.