All professional musicians, regardless of their genre or instrument, can apply for themselves or a family member if they meet the qualifications listed below. Applications may also (but not additionally) be submitted by a friend or family member on behalf of a musician in need.
- Make sure you are eligible. All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Must be a musician in a time of serious need, due to personal, medical, dental, or family crisis, natural disaster, or other emergency situation.
2. Have worked as a professional musician for five (5) or more years in the United States. We define “professional musician” as someone whose primary source of income was or is derived from work as a musician or music educator. Additionally, the applicant / musician must currently reside in the United States.
3. Have tax documents (1040 listing occupation as any type of musician or music educator OR Schedule C listing any type of musician or music educator status) to prove professional experience as a musician or music educator.
- Next, complete the Pre-Application HERE or use the button below*. Signing up and creating an account is easy.
- After completing the Pre-Application, you will receive updates from Musicians Foundation regarding your application status. If you are fully eligible and qualified, the final part of the application for aid will be sent to you within a few days.
*If you cannot use a computer to complete the Pre-Application, please call Musicians Foundation at (212) 239-9137.
- Musicians Foundation aid grants are sent in the form of vendorized checks. Checks are paid to the order of the biller of the costs incurred by the musician / applicant. Musicians Foundation does not write checks directly to musicians.
- Musicians Foundation aid grants typically range in amount from approximately $500-$3000.
- We do not give grants for scholarships, loans, or private unemployment benefits. We do not pay credit card bills.
- If necessary, applications may be filled out by friends or family of the musician in need. We also aid musicians who need assistance supporting their family members in times of emergency.
For further questions regarding the application process or eligibility, please email email@example.com or call our office at (212) 239-9137.